So this is a blog and I'm supposed to write stuff. If I find it interesting I might post about other things I'm interested in, although I don't want to speculate what those things are until I become interested enough to write about them. Obviously I'm going to blog about my open source work. In addition I may as well write about the other professional option I'm taking this semester. Introduction to Parallel Programming (DPS915) is mainly about programming GPUs. In the course we are working with CUDA, which is the language for programming Nvidia's products.
Now since the purpose of this blog is to write about the steps and work I do I suppose I should start with the initial state of things. I'll skip the part about making this blog since the only comment I can make is that I choose Blogger because I prefer Google products and use Google products extensively.
Well the initial state of things really is just my hardware and software. I'll just make a list.
- Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Processor (4 Core 3.3 GHz)
- Overclocked to 4.6 GHz
- Corsair Hydro Series™ H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
- 16 GB DDR3-1600
- Asus Maximus IV GENE-Z Motherboard
- Corsair Force Series™ 3 120GB SATA 3 6Gb/s Solid-State Hard Drive
- Used for operating system
- Sapphire TOXIC HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 PCIE Video Card
- 2x 500 GB 7200 rpm Hard Drives
- RAID 1 configuration
- Used for data storage
- Corsair Carbide Series™ 500R White Mid-Tower Case
- Blu-Ray Burner
- Asus Xonar Essence STX Soundcard